Skip To Content

Basic Registration Information

Registration begins approximately three months before a term begins.  D octoral students and Master’s students who have applied for graduation may begin registration 24 hours before registration opens for all students.  All HOLDS must be cleared in order to register.  Please note the following registration deadlines:

Fall registration begins           May 31/June 1

January/spring registration begins             October 31/November 1

Summer registration begins                March 14/15

You can make changes to your schedule through MyGETS until your advisor finalizes your schedule; after your schedule is finalized, your advisor can make changes.  If you need help with MyGETS, an FAQ can be found on the MyGETS main page.
Check current schedules and syllabi for pre-reading assignments on the main Garrett-Evangelical website (select ‘Academics,’ then click the ‘Course Syllabi’ button to review syllabi).
Registrations requiring additional forms must be done through the registrar’s office. This includes ACTS and NU cross-registrations, independent studies, and CPE. The ACTS, NU, and Independent Study forms are also available in 'Student Forms' on MyGETS. You can find more information about ACTS and view the ACTS online catalog here. Information about cross-registration at NU can be found in 'Student Forms' on MyGETS. CPE must be arranged with the VFCL director, the CPE form which needs to be completed can be found in 'Student Forms' on MyGETS. Cross-registration, CPE and independent study forms need to be turned back in to the registrar’s office before you meet with your advisor to finalize your schedule.

Advising Sessions

Reserve your courses on MyGETS and then meet with your advisor to discuss your plans for the coming year and to finalize your registration.  **It is up to you to contact your advisor. They will not know that you have selected courses.**

To change advisors, use the change advisor form in 'Student Forms' on MyGETS .

Registration priority for online courses

Priority for most online courses will be given to new and distance students as well as current students who have only taken online courses.  Once registration begins, students who meet the criteria for priority registration may contact the Registrar, Vince McGlothin-Eller ( ), to register. 
Online courses will open to all students through normal registration beginning one month before registration closes. 

Online Registration Agreement and Information Update

Once a year, students will need to complete a registration agreement and an information update online in order to register. The Registration Agreement provides additional information related to your enrollment at Garrett-Evangelical and serves as an electronic signature of your receipt of the Academic Handbook, which is linked electornically to the Registration Agreement.
The online Personal Information Update will take the place of the paper Personal Information forms that have traditionally
been completed each fall. It serves as a way for you to review and update the information we have on file for you, making it easier to spot any errors or typos that may have found their way into the database.
Each of these online forms must be completed once a year to continue to enroll as a student at Garrett-Evangelical. New students will complete the form during their first enrollment term and all students will complete the form each fall (or in the term they return to studies if they have been on leave).
To access the forms, students will login to myGETS and go to the Student page.  On the student page, select the Add/Drop courses link.  On the Add/Drop page, change the drop down menu at the top of the screen to the appropriate registration term (e.g., Fall 2013).  Links to both online resources should appear automatically.

Student Financial Account Information

Student accounts must be paid in full each term in order to continue to enroll. Student invoices are no longer mailed out to students. Student account information can be checked and payments can be made online through myGETS.

·         Go to

·         Login User Name: Student ID # and a passcode: either your year of birth or the last four of your SSN.

·         Click on ‘Student’

·         Click on ‘Account Information ‘ – right hand side, middle of the page

·         In the new window on the left side you’ll see ‘My Account Balances’ and ‘Course and Fee Statement’

·         Clicking ‘My Account Balances’ will show you how much may be due and includes a link for making payments.

·          By selecting the ‘Course and Fee Statement’ you’ll pull up a PDF of your billing statement that will list all the charges and credits on your student account.